View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 03:04 PM
Bruce C.

I was a member of PSA for a bit, but have allowed it to lapse. The membership fee has most defintely stopped me from submitting cards for grading. Yes, they give you a few free submissions for cards valued under $500, but I'm working on Buffalo Bills teams sets all PSA graded, and there are really no cards that are worth much more than $10. The grading specials let me get these graded for $5 each, so I'm getting $30 in vouchers for my $100 a year?

The SMR was OK, I never used the price guide, but every once in a while there was a decent article in it. I really liked the coffee table book, but I got a free copy anyways for letting them use one of my cards.

I was going to rejoin when they had a membership fee of $59/year but no free submissions, then they no longer offered that option.

Maybe someday I'll join again. I've got some 1970's OPC hockey that should grade decently, and I could probably make a couple of $$ on them. Add that to some of my 1970's/80's Bills commons for my Registry and MAYBE I could justify the membership fee just to finish some things up. In the meantime, I've got some post-war baseball HOF rookies that I'll send to SGC, I really don't plan on selling any of them anytime soon anyways.

Last edited by albrshbr; 09-27-2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Left out last sentence