View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 09:26 AM

There have been three major finds of E93s in the past five years, two high or relatively high grade (ex/mt +) and one low grade more recently. The low grade (pr-vg) find had around 200 examples which is 6+ sets if evenly distributed. The combined high grade finds had less than half that. I do not think E93s are more plentiful than E95s. i just think they seem more available right now due to the influx of about 10 new sets to the market. Combine that influx with the timing of the economy and card market and you get a deflated price right now for E93s. My guess is that it is a temporary situation. To me, it is just the winds of change blowing and it will blow back. It is difficult to say anything too definitive about pricing of any cards these days. But I think it is fair to say that while E93s are not particularly tough, I think in general there are less of them out there than E95s. The universal consensus that E95s were more plentiful five years ago (on a per card basis, the easiest E set) should not have changed on the basis of less than ten new examples per card of E93s. If forced to guess, I would guess there are probably 200-300 of any given E93 and more like 400-500 of any given E95.
JimB