View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 01:57 PM

Default Ive been burned too

I've been burned too. Both on a Rolex and some Mantle cards. Well the Rolex was actually my dumb fault. You see I wire transferred the money out of country (this was like 15 years ago) and never heard from or received the watch.

The '56 mantle was my fault. I was an uneducated buyer and got took for $400 bucks. Does it piss me off and make me wanna go burn the SOB's house down. Well maybe. Do I want to start an all out witch hunt and ban everyone selling reprints because of a select few illegitimate people. No

Its like the parents of kids who want to ban guns because the parent left a loaded gun in the house and didn't explain the totality of a bullet through the body. Its not the gun who killed the person its the person that pulled the trigger.

Just like its not the card that took money from you, it was the person you bought it from

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
I think one of the reasons that many of us don't like these reprints is that we were burned by them when we first started collecting. It might not have been a lot of money but it still stings. Think about wives wanting to buy their husbands a Xmas gift, or parents buying a gift for their children. They probably won't do the necessary research and they may end up buying some of this stuff. Add in kids buying for their own collections, and other collectors who are just getting into cards and the potential for problems increases.

It is the people on ebay who list these as real cards and put them in an auction format that seem to cause the most problems. At least you are selling them as reprints, but they should also be clearly marked as reprints. Maybe buy yourself a red rubber "reprint" stamp and stamp the cards.

Rick