View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Leon,

I don’t think we should help save people from themselves either. Call me cold hearted or whatever, but I think when people get scammed (be it by a “reprint” baseball card, Nigerian lottery or whatever), it’s their own fault for being greedy and falling for something that is too good to be true.

I defended the OP in his original thread. After seeing the Wagner card in this thread I have since changed my mind. I think removing the word “reprint” from a card is a pretty crappy thing to do. Regardless of my opinion though, I still think the seller has a right to sell his garbage.

However, that is not my decision, obviously that is yours. However, if you are going to let him sell his junk (even though it was listed in the wrong section), doesn’t he have a right to list it without being interfered with?

That’s how all this started and I am pretty sure the OP wouldn’t have acted the way he did or said the things he said if other members wouldn’t have interfered in his thread - I just don’t think it would have come to this point.

One of the other mods wrote a while back, “In the B/S/T area there should be no interference in the posts by 3rd parties.” Does this not hold true even in this case? I’m not sure why there are such rules if they’re not going to be enforced?

Regards,

David
So, David, just for argument let's say your dad were to think enough of you that he unknowingly bought you one of these cards at an inflated price for you as a birthday gift? Just because he's not knowledgeable about the cards I suppose that's his burden to get burned? Is that ok with you? If he were to buy it off of the B/S/T thread, would you want anybody to warn him?

Just asking.

Rob M.