View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 01:40 PM

Hi David,

You are correct on all of your points. Its a different style on front, the photo is not as clear, it is pasted on rather than printed on the box, no advertisement/color on the flaps. There are just too many discrepancies between the two types of boxes for me.

What I also found when I was checking the Internet was all the green/white boxes had the top of the box only (flattened out) but no bottom. Not one had the bottom of the box. Whereas most, if not all, of the green type I found came with the bottom of the box too. I thought that was a little odd. Why are there no bottom of the boxes for the green/white versions? Maybe some of the other posters who have the green/white version can chime in if they have the bottom of the box.

There is a green type in the Collect.com auction right now (lot #554). The box is complete as are most of the other green types I found. That was just another nail in the coffin for me. When there are so many differences between the two types usually means trouble. Now it could still be the real deal because I am still 60/40 with it being a reproduction but I rather be safe than sorry. Thanks for your input. Take care.

Howard