View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
A local card shop, owned by a nice and honest older man (Leon has met him and agrees with me), nearby I'm in favor of these concepts.

The advantages that internet sellers have over B&M stores is not fair to them and being able to even out that is a good idea in my book.

Rich
I'd have to disagree. People who own B&M stores are also allowed to sell out of state on the internet, and many if not most of them do to supplement their income. Also, something sold in the store does not carry a S&H charge. It's just an additional burden for everybody and everybody's costs go up.

Another item buyers don't seem to realize. Paypal or a Merchant account gets a cut of that S&H charge, not just the item price. They also get a cut of State Sales Tax if paid........which the seller has to pay for, on top of collecting and submitting the Exact tax rate from the buyer.

Paypal is certainly not going to be hurting if all sellers are forced to collect a Federal Internet Tax, because they are also going to be getting a piece of that to, every time it gets paid, which will be the sellers responsibility to pay for in fees, on top of paying back the exact amount collected.

Lower bids/sales, less money and more paperwork.

No, I'm afraid from a selfish standpoint........I'm not in favor.

"Even playing field" is a myth perpetrated by Big Box Stores. It certainly is not going to save the little Mom & Pop downtown strip ideal.