View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default quite a few more differences too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons
Leon -

The ink blotter I saw was advertised as of the 1927 team, yet a print I have of the same team photograph shows it having been taken in 09/1926, before the start of the World Series against the Cardinals.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

While obviously taken at the same time, it's not the same photo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry - I missed the detail. Someone must've told Shawkey to cross his legs!

So if the photo printed on the blotter was by "Cosmo Sileo", and the other print was a "U&U", does this mean that one photo was taken by a photog from the Cosmo Sileo studio, and the other was taken by a U&U photog?

The photos are both taken from dead center, within maybe seconds of each other, as only Shawkey and a few others have shifted. I find it hard to believe these weren't taken by the same camera. ????
There are quite a few differences and not just Mr.Shawkey. I agree in that I think the photos were probably taken at the same time and from the same camera. I think it is an Underwood and Underwood photo and the other company is just using it, though not sure why they took credit?

Edited to add that maybe this was a photo opportunity day and many photographers got in line to take photos of the team, in the same place, for several minutes? That would be an explanation though I don't know if it makes sense?

Last edited by Leon; 12-10-2010 at 12:00 PM.