View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 11:21 AM

Mike it is a COMPLETELY dumb rule, but composites and sequentials can't be type 1 because they are always photos of photos and by construction they are not from "the original negative" but photos of already developed photos. This is the main reason why the type classification is a nice attempt but falls short of the mark. All people really care about is if the photo is original "vintage" or not. This would make all Old Judge Baseball Cards and most 19th century team photos not type 1's either.

It is a slippery slope though because say I have a type 1 photo of Elvis and then someone takes a photo of that photo, that makes it a type 4. BUT, if someone takes a picture of me holding the photo it becomes a type 1 photo of me holding what would otherwise be a type 4 right? So if you have a 1915 picture of Babe Ruth and then a 1918 photo of Babe Ruth holding the 1915 picture it would HAVE TO be a Type 1 and a Type 4 in the same photo!

Or maybe it could be a type 1.4, OH CRAP, PSA has to bring in the decimals for photos now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!