View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 04:46 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksfan09 View Post
I agree, the Ruth looks terrible and am very leary of Gehrig as well. What kind of quality control measures do they take on these ultra "artificially rare" expensive inserts? You'd think they'd get good stuff to instill confidence in their product and buyers but I guess not. Either they don't care or are inept.
Maybe they use some of our favorite authenticators. There are rumors in the hobby that some authenticators will authenticate anything.

But how much do you wanna bet that this brings big bucks. And then the winner can go through the same aggravation that the winner of that Upper Deck Legendary cuts card went through when it became obvious that there were bogus autographs on that card.
And I think they appreciate the fact that you can usually buy a bogus cut a hell of a lot cheaper than a legit cut.
They look at a real Ruth or Gehrig and a fake Ruth or Gehrig and only compare price. Why bother doing due diligence?
I also think it shows their disdane for the collector.
To them collectors are just sheep to be shorn.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 12-18-2010 at 05:08 PM.