View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 08:29 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Me too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timzcardz View Post
I never went to the show, so I have no memories, but you guys are certainly painting a fine image here!

It seems like it was a lot of fun.

Thanks!
I have been to exactly 1 Philly show. It was about 2-3 years ago and I stayed with Ted Z and his lovely wife. I had some great lasagna she made and they were the best hosts a guest could ask for. I even got to see a lot of Teddy's collection (thanks again, Ted). I also loved, absolutely loved, that little place we went to eat breakfast. You had to have a key to get into the restaurant, everyone knew everyone else and it was like one big family. The food was absolutely great too. No matter what you order you get a big 'ole side helping of real breakfast, country potatoes. Absolutely yummy!!

As for the show, I didn't set up at it, didn't find anything to buy, but did see a lot of folks I knew so that was a plus. I would have liked to have been to it when Bob S was running it. Now, I do have one external type memory. Several years ago I got a call from Bob Schmeirer (sp?), the promoter, and he quizzed me about someone selling a table on this board. Mum was the word as it was a good friend that just couldn't make it and he wanted me to help. I hear Bob was a real stickler for his tables. I also heard he would walk around the room and say hi to the dealers and collectors and see how things were going. Maybe the new regime has a different agenda as I certainly didn't see any of that at the one show I went to. I guess the old times are a passin'? In today's new society it seems like most of the "service" is left out of "customer service".

Last edited by Leon; 12-21-2010 at 08:30 AM.