View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 10:23 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default dunno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1954 View Post
I love it when pre-war guys imagine themselves as the "real" hobby and the "shiny" guys are some how less than. The vast majority of this hobby are modern collectors. Interestingly, I know of several who became pre-war collectors because of "retro" themed sets and of swatches of older uniforms. Most "shiny" collectors I know actually love baseball and appreciate its history. The "shiny" equivalent to Net54 is Freedom Cardboard. It is a huge and very friendly environment where BOTH modern and vintage are celebrated. I find it a refreshing place.
I get kind of tired of people saying we (vintage collectors) think the modern collectors are somehow inferior. Please point that out to me in this thread. I love the new card collectors and FreedomCardboard is the only other board I post on (besides the SGC one sometimes). I distinctly remember several instances when I personally went up to new card collectors at the National and shared some of their excitement. Again, please show me where our members are saying we are the "real" hobby and new card collectors aren't. Maybe I missed it?