View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 09:32 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default they could end it...manually

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
The weather here in Seattle is frigid, but life is still great. There are still a large number of lots with no bids (mostly photos- some very cool) despite the extended timing. Derspite being a "West Coaster", I think it's great that the auction continues. I found a few obscure pieces that I wouldn't have otherwise, and everyone now has an equal shot.

Each lot will go to the highest bidder regardless of their bedtime, and that's not so bad. In fact it's a great scenario for consignors. As a consignor, I much prefer this format to H&S, Legendary and Hunts, but that's just me.

It's possible that Mears can't end it, as the auction software might not allow it while bids are still coming in. I have heard of this happening in past auctions. Still a ton of bargains to be had, so it's kinda fun... I'm heading back to their site right now
They could easily end the auction manually. At worst case with the help of the software people. That being said, as long as bids are coming in, if I were them, I wouldn't end it. I have seen auction houses end auctions manually with bids still coming in. If I were a consignor in one of those auctions I might not be that happy. Call me greedy but I want my consignments to sell for as much as they can. best regards