View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 11:28 AM
G.r.eg M@r.t.i.n

It's been quite a December!

Is this about the E90-1?

It's not the seller's fault, and it's certainly not the buyer's, but everyone needs to be aware of this. The card was $23.06, so insurance would be seemingly irrational. It ended on 12-12-10. Knowing the seller was receiving good feedback, etc, and after not receiving the card, I didn't ask for shipping information until today, which was the final day of the expected delivery time frame. The seller quickly replied and provided the tracking number. It showed shipped on the 13th, delivered on the 16th. This corresponded to the feedback the seller had been receiving for the others items he sold on the 12th.

I still have not received the card. The delivery confirmation showed the card was delivered at 9:12 AM. Our mail rarely runs before noon, and when it's before noon, never before 11:30 AM or so. I had to ship a package today, and my wife said she'd drop it off so I printed the information requesting she ask them about it. While she was there, a post office employee called me. Our conversation went as follows (pasted from sent message to seller so I wouldn't have to re-type it). This message followed other messages the seller and I exchanged:

"You're obviously a good seller and a good guy....Just talked to the PO as I was typing this. They said their scanners have been duplicating numbers and it's all messed up due to the holidays, adding they talked to our mail carrier and at that time of the morning she hasn't even left the office to start her route. She said she certainly isn't in our neighborhood at that time. The lady said they have a partnership with FedEx, and when Fed Ex delivers a pallet of packages to our post office, he or she scans in the pallet, which also scans in each and every package on the pallet. She said they don't scan each individual item. She said they've been having a lot of problems like this (!). I told her it sounds like there's an internal investigation they need to get started on. She reluctantly agreed.

WOW!"

The card never made it to my mailbox. It was allegedly on a pallet that was scanned received by my local post office. How did it get scanned as delivered? Is there an employee there that knows this holiday procedure and may take advantage? Maybe, but something happened to the package. The employee I spoke to concluded it may show up later.

If this is about that card, don't worry about it, I'd buy from everest012000 any day. I would appreciate it if you'd e-mail me an image of both the card front and back so I can bolo for it.

It would have been my first E90-1 for my recently started type card collection, and quite a deal for a PSA 2.