View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 10:27 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

#1 What drew you into the set in the 1st place... Why start collecting t206s..

For the most part, the Wagner...No, not that I ever thought I'd get one, but what's the next best thing? Of course, the cards that were produced with it.
I'd originally just wanted one, then another, then another...The set sucked me in, and then studying up on the players, history and other information about the set, I was stuck.

#2 Do you remember your 1st t206 card.. What was it?

Krause, Philla pitching, in pretty rough shape on the bay for under $10.

#3 Which t206s are you currently collecting... (Back set, southern leaguers, 520 set, HOFers, team set..etc)

My collecting focuses vary. I find myself jumping all over the place from HOF rookies, pre-war HOFers(goal is at least one from each set), Vitcorian trade cards(usually fun and cheap), all standard topps sets(It's fun to slowly piece these together), and of course autographs, based on my given mood. I've clearly got attention issues...Anyways, I always keep an eye on the t206's, if I come across an affordable one that I don't have, I generally pick it up. Under $10-15 and I'm usually good to go, I'm not very condition sensitive either, and plan upgrading the really bad ones when the time comes. One of at least each back would be nice as well, but I'm not at the point in this collection yet, where I'm really focused on that yet.. A team set of the Cleveland players would probably be my short-term goal.

#4 What t206s are on the top of your want list
Nothing for certain, just a hope that affordable low grade ones keep popping up. Right now, I don't see a complete set in the near future, nor would I say it's a goal. I'm primarily focused on compiling at the moment, in hopes that one day I'll realize I'm close enough to really give it my full attention. For the record, I'm only at 28 including 3 HOFers in Clarke, Davis and Flick.