View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 07:58 AM
Richard A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abravefan11 View Post
As I have stated before the Southern League subjects were carried over from the 150 series into the very first print run of the 350 series. When that was completed the Southern League players were pulled from production never to be printed again in the T206 set. After that there was another print run of 150-350 subjects with "350 Series" ad backs. Then these subjects were discontinued and the 350 Only players were introduced.

At no time during the T206 printing process were Southern Association players on the same stone coming off the same press being printed on the same sheet as 350 Only Subjects. In the Coupon set they were on the same stone being printed on the same sheet.
Many on this board have probably forgotten more about this hobby than I have ever known, so please pardon me if I'm out of line, but how can you possibly know this?

I find your argument both compelling and intriguing -- I just don't understand how this is the first time I've read this stated with such certainty. I assume 'stone' refers to the actual printing plates/blocks used to produce the card fronts, but I didn't think anyone knew about their configuration.

Respecting that you've said it would take too much to explain, can you post the abstract version of the explanation, please? I am really really curious to hear more details.

Regards,

Richard.

NB. I'm supposed to be narrowing the focus of my collection. It is these kind of threads that prevent me from being able to completely disassociate with the monster. Leon, as the fellow that started this thread, I am holding you responsible for the most recent person to 'encourage' my addiction