View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Howard Chasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakjr View Post
I'm led to believe that most printing errors are pretty rare, and the true value of these arise from collectors of the individual player. Sure the commons are neat to have, but honestly, I could see a handful of Clemente collectors going nuts over that.

Now, the modern f*** ups are a little more common, but I've got some printing errors of my favorite modern players rookie cards. Sure I only payed a couple of bucks, but still a premium over standard book value. I'd really love get my hands on one of the '91 chipper jones with the '90 football backs. I don't wanna spend that kind of money on it, but I'm sure some Chipper fan is more than ready to. The value on things like that is not what the average person is willing to pay, but more determined by what some die-hard is willing to pay.
I am a die hard Clemente collector. For the price the guy was asking, just didn't attract me. I have a few blank backs and other printing anomalies - didn't pay crazy sums for them. Just my opinion I suppose - as I am sure there are Clemente collectors out there to whom it might be worth more.