View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 12:35 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctownboy View Post
This has been discussed in a couple of different threads.

Sportsgiftsandcollectibles is a rip-off artist.

What they do is find sports items which have a Buy It Now price and then they take that item, put it on their site and jack up the price. When someone buys the item from their site, they immediately go to the original site and buy the item for a lower price and pocket the difference.

With the S74 of Breshnahan you showed, fullcountcollections has a Buy It Now price of $299.99 while sportsgiftsandcollectibles has a Buy It Now price of $458.98.

A few weeks ago, when this was first talked about, the guy had something like 7,000 listings. eBay was notified and they closed the guy down. A few days later he was back at it again.

I am sure if eBay was notified again and they closed him down, he would again pop back up a few days later.

David

It's a head-scratcher to me.

I looked through as many pages of their ended items as I had the patience for, and didn't find a single sold item.

It must have taken hundreds, if not thousands of hours to put this scheme together, and the only thing I see coming out of it is a huge Ebay bill at the end of the month.

Even if they actually follow through on a few transactions (selling an item, buying from another seller, getting that item in, shipping to the new buyer.......all assuming the original seller didn't already sell the item), I don't see a way of ever breaking even.

There must be something else we're not seeing. Maybe this same seller has a link farm he's sending traffic through these listings to collect Ad dollars from Google or Ebay...............I don't know.