View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 07:27 AM
J@RR0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmad View Post
Brand new to the forum- I hope to learn a lot from you guys/gals. I found this to be a very interesting read as it applies to the renewed focus of my collection. Like quite a few at some point or another, I set it down for quite awhile. I'm now in a place where I can actively collect again and not worry about spending a few hundred dollars in a week, month, etc. on the cards I'm after. For me, a collection (along with other things in life) needs a goal. My collection is geared around HOF rookie cards. I currently have 36/295. My focus has been EXMT or better ('52-'59) and NRMT or better '60 and up. I'm chasing raw cards only for now. I have not even began to think about '58 and under yet. The gems of the collection to this point are '54 Lasorda, '55 Killebrew, '57 Drysdale, and a '69 Reggie.

I've lost the point in all of my rambling, but this collection will never see an end. That is the beauty of it, IMO. I will always have a running dream I am chasing..........
Welcome to the forum! That's a worthy pursuit. For awhile, I was collecting a signed HOFer from each Topps set, 52-modern. While I still have that going, lately I've just been trying to collect one nice looking, lower grade card from all of the legends. So far I have Ruth, DiMaggio, '53 Mantle, Mathewson... It's fun to go after something that never really ends. Good luck in your journey.