View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Broughman View Post
I would like to see more of these photos. I know Jimmy has a great collection Here is the only one I have and it is in rough shape. Cecil Travis Washington Senators
Thanks for the nice words Dynarl. I've been after these for a few years now. I'm finding it very difficult to locate them other then Henry's auctions, or sometimes in Legendary or MEARS. Extremely tough to find any on ebay as they're rarely described as sequential or composite and with the vast amount of photo listings every week on ebay, that's a whole Lotta leg work. I've been fortunate to have found what I have.

This super tough 4 frame sequential of the Rajah hitting #61 was the first one that I bought. So that led me to the little kid faze... "c'mon man, I gotta have the mantle. oh c'mon work with me. how can I have the Maris with out the Mantles" I've had to do so serious whining and cough up a good chunk of dough to land the two Mantle photos.

maris614.jpg

mantlebatting123.jpgmantlebatting456.jpg

And by the way...your Travis is really sweet as it's the first of it's kind I've seen that combined sequential and the composite all onto one piece of paper! Alright, any one else have any... any at all? Show 'em.