View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 09:45 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Dave H and Scot R

Thanks guys.

So, you ask what's next ?

Well, I finally completed my (very) long-term, and low priority adventure.....the T201 set. Great artistry from American Lithographic.
Extremely clever design, perhaps the most clever of any BB card set (Topps emulated this design with their 1955 Doubleheader set).
I have this Topps set, and I must say that these cards are somewhat neater than the T201's, in that a BB stadium picture puzzle in
their background is created by arranging the cards accordingly.

Another interesting fact of the T201 cards is......they were initially inserted in MECCA packs from Factory #30 (NYC). Then MECCA
cigarette production was transferred to the Rochester (NY) plant.....Factory #649. The great majority of T201 cards were inserted
in packs from this factory.
This is "Deja Vu....all over again" (as Yogi Berra would say) of the T206 Sweet Caporal 150, Factory #649 scenario.

OK, two new projects on the "back-burner"......

1....I have approx. 1/3 rd of the cards (12) with the AMERICAN BEAUTY 350 (no frame) backs. However, this is a low-priority project.

2....This will take at least 6 years to complete. Collecting the 28 red HINDU cards in the 350/460 series. This subset will "complement"
my AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 "no-prints". To date, I have only 6 of these red HINDU's. Consider what the Johnson and the CYoung cards
will cost me....I don't want to

Best regards guys,

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 02-24-2011 at 12:37 PM.