View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 01:15 PM
Travis W.

Default New to the forums and vintage collecting, starting my first project!

hi everyone...I guess first I'll introduce myself. My name's Travis (though most just call me T) and I live in the Phoenix area. I've been into card collecting off and on for about 10 years but the new stuff has just lost its appeal to me. The industry has shifted too much towards only being about the "big hit" and most other cards just don't have any value at all anymore...I decided I'd had enough.

So I knew that I wouldn't be able to just walk away from collecting altogether, so I decided that I'd venture into vintage collecting as I've always loved the look of them and they don't have any of the flaws of modern cards.

Over the years anytime I've ever looked at old cards, one design has always caught my eye as being one of the best looking old sets of all of em. The 1955 topps baseball. I love these cards! So for my first vintage project, I decided to dive right in and start working on putting this set together!

So far I've got a little less than 90 cards towards the set. I won't post them all up here, but I thought I'd post a couple of the highlights and then as I get new stuff in I'll put some pics up of those as well.

I'll post a link to my photobucket album at the end of this thread so you can take a look at everything I have in the set so far if you'd like to

As far as what I've got so far, these are probably my two best...

#123 Sandy Koufax RC

#124 Harmon Killebrew RC

thanks for the read! Look forward to hearing your comments and I'll keep the thread updated with new acquisitions!

http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/...omplete%20Set/

*sorry the photos are kind of huge...I'll try to fix that with future posts

Last edited by VinTX; 04-13-2011 at 12:37 PM.