View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 12:11 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

D. Bergin,

I understand what you're saying and I understand how this is going to affect you (and other sellers that offer true auction style listings), but I disagree that this is nothing but a rate hike. As I stated earlier, eBay wants to become one big online store and do away with auction style listings and this is just another step to make that happen. They don't want more of your money by collecting FVFs on shipping costs. They would much rather you offer BINs, or BINs with BO option and offer "free" shipping. The "free" shipping would be built into the cost of the item.

You have to look at this from eBay's point of view. If all listings were BIN's (either with or without the BO option) with "free" shipping, it would eliminate a lot of headaches for them - no more complaints about shill bidding. No more complaints about over inflated shippings costs. I could go on and on.

So, it's not a rate hike, it's a way to make you list your items they way they want you to (BINs). It's certainlly not a rate hike for sellers that are currently offering free shipping. In fact, it is a rate decrease for them. Again, I'm telling you eBay wants to become one big online store and this is just another step in making that happen. People can choose to believe that or not, but I promise you I am right and little by little they will get there way. I'm sorry for sellers that don't like it (and you have every right not to), but that's just the way it is.

Last edited by vintagetoppsguy; 03-21-2011 at 12:22 AM.