View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 07:17 AM
P.hil €lli$

How do so many people know/assume the selling price was strong? He never posted what he was looking for in a lot and never posted what they sold for. So how can I make a competitive bid when my first bid was ignored and then the lot sold 3 or 4 hours later with no update?

When you bid, or make an offer on any item, do you come out with your "best price" or highest offer right away? You start low and negotiate your way up. But you need input from the seller. Without any input from the seller how can you gauge your offer?

I guess that is my biggest complaint. No update, or even price range, posted as for an acceptable bid. The first lot offered was sold in 4.5 hours. The original post never said that this will sell in the same day. How is anyone supposed to guess that it would sell that quickly?

Why not put these on GrandSlam Bids and let people bid on them against a clock? These were posted on here (for free) and there was no policy established in the beginning, for example, "Opening Bid of $X" or "Get your best offer in by 4:30pm today".