View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 12:32 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Now that part I agree with. It would be nice if the better stuff was also posted, not just what has been picked through and sold before we see the lots. But that is just the collector in me and Steve can do what he wants. I think any collector would feel the same way. I doubt the brokered lots were steals but it would be nice to see the lots BEFORE someone else grabbed the best stuff. See John, we can agree on some things
I have no problem if Steve is only using the BST for the leftovers (leftovers were nice lots!). It is the way in which they had been offered which I suggested could have been done differently whereby assuring himself the most money for the consignor through the BST venue. That he may have sold the premium or better condition material privately is his prerogative. The material which was being made available to us red headed step-children was available for a very limited time and made unavailable in a very unconventional and unpredictable fashion.

The BST is a convenient, flexible and economical choice to move material but it is not as widely viewed as other venues are so it would reason that someone selling would want to leave up “open offer” type lots for as long as possible to ensure they have gotten the most from the limited collector base viewing the offering. Steve must have had minimum prices in mind he would take otherwise how would he know to sell the lots? As John pointed out, it is not like we all flock to the BST to move our goods or suggest it to others as a first choice in liquidating.

I would have liked a chance to make offers on some of the stuff he had up but I do not get bent out of shape over stuff like this. Just means I have that cash for other items being offered. Not like material is in short supply right now. But with that said, many of you have come here to defend Steve (totally unnecessary) and corroborate that lots were sold for top dollar. Why not share what you paid for your lots or what you know lots sold for? Steve obviously had prices in mind he would take for the lots, but chose not to post that and now lots have sold for good money but nobody will state what they paid.