View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 08:12 AM
P.hil €lli$

Quote:
Originally Posted by asphaltman View Post
I think the bottom line Phil, is you've already admitted your original price was a low number...with the intent there would be some negotiations back and forth. The problem with that is Steve asked for your best offer...and this is only a guess, but say Steve got even 20 offers for LOT A. Should Steve really go back and counter all 20 people? Or should he just let the top 3-4 know they aren't quite at his high bid (which I believe is what he did), and give just those few people the chance to raise their bids.

You wanted to negotiate...and Steve didn't....and since Steve is the seller, end of story.
If Steve wants to maximize the $$, then yes he should go back and counter all 20 offers. He is getting paid to handle this sale. Even if you think that is too much to ask for 15%, then why can't he update the original post with something like, "Top Bid - $2000 - Will end tonight".

When I made my initial inquiry, I didn't hear back for a while. I assumed he was busy with other things and I would eventually hear back. But no word and then sold 4.5 hours later. Didn't get a chance to bid at all actually.

AGAIN, I thought if people were getting in on this debate we needed full name disclosure. Easy to take a stand in a spirited debate and hide.