View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Rich Klein

Default As I always say

If you just post on the non-controversial threads, you can remain as unknown as that comic was on the Gong Show.

However, if you do post on the threads which are bringing the heat; it is only reasonable to ask that you put your name out there so anyone can know whom is making the comments.

The privacy issue is fine but it's your choice, and I think everyone is clear on that, make comments on subjects such as thoughts on 67 Topps Hi # Short Prints/Double Prints -- and you can be as unknown as you wish

Post on threads such as the recent suit against REA (Rob Lifson) and you better be willing (And I'd bet Rob would make sure of that) to put your name with your post.

No one is saying you can't stay private and no one is saying you have to put your name out there -- but what is being said is that if you put your opinions into controversial threads -- then your identity is being required to be known. Thus, if an issue to you, stay out of the controversial threads -- and I also said if a war breaks out after you make a post in what was intended to be a non-controversial thread and then as long as you were not involved, you don't get damaged in the cross fire.

But, if you saw something construed as controversial, THEN you need to realize you need to take responsibility and be able to called out if needed by name on your views.

I do get the privacy issue, so --- protect your privacy and don't post on certain threads.

Rich