View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Jonathan

Default Help with Photo ID...1925 Pirates???

I am a vintage equipment guy and have been for many years, but I couldn't help picking up this photo some years back...it just looked "important" at the time.

Had it been a 3x5 photo or something like that I probably would have passed on it at the little antique show where I found it, but given its size... 14" long and 11" high... the heavy stock paper, and the scene, I thought maybe it was "something". What that "something" was, I didn't know.

To me, it looks like the image was taken maybe at a spring training or barnstorming venue given the ballpark wall that can be seen to the rear right, and because of the very laid back nature of the subjects. I cannot make out anything on the wall, but maybe the word Pontiac on the right billboard.

The "old man" in the middle seems to holding court (as well as a baseball) and appears as if he might be someone of some stature or notoriety to the players. From the uniforms, I am simply venturing that they may be members of the 1924 or 1925 Pittsburgh Pirates.

The picture itself, at least to me, seems to be in pretty good shape. There is a chip out of the bottom right corner, and a nick out of the top border. There is nothing at all written or printed on the back.

Well, that's all I can tell you. From my years here on the forum I know that there are definitely some photo experts and team ID experts out there in cyberspace...I would appreciate any and all info on or about this particular piece.

I look forward to reading/hearing what you might have to say. Thanks so very much in advance for the assist.

Best Regards,
Jonathan
www.dugouttreasures.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic 1.jpg (68.8 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg pic2.jpg (69.6 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg pic 3.jpg (67.7 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg pic 4.jpg (69.9 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg pic 5.jpg (67.0 KB, 122 views)

Last edited by jpop43; 04-09-2011 at 07:45 PM. Reason: web site did not show up properly