View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I went a few weeks ago. Not worth a special trip. It is pandemonium in there, so bad that you cannot even get to deal on anything. I did not see anything worth purchasing in the sports field, but I also could not get close to some of the showcases, so I don't know for sure. The bouncer at the door was telling the people in front of me in line that they shoot every day but when they need the space to do it, they clear out the crowd and stage the walk-in. The bus is definitely the way to go but the area is really seedy--mostly board-ups--and you are a few blocks from the criminal courts building, so there are some 'characters' on the streets.

The antique store down the block has lots of stuff but it is all swap meet garbage and fakes being sold as the real deal. They had a Star Trek TOS communicator repro that they were selling as an original prop. Their proof was a photocopy of an Ebay listing for some other item. Though if you want Nazi, KKK and Confederate 'memorabilia' they do have some showcases of that for sale.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 05-11-2011 at 08:20 PM.