View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 02:15 AM
Brandon M. Grunbaum

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
I'll refrain from commenting on who sold the ball, as it appearss to be self-evident.

But to answer your question, I don't like the letter formation (especially the big "G"). There was a fellow named Robert Prouty about a decade ago, who was peddling big name fakes by the truckload. I forget the name of his company, but he had an impressive website with prices just low ebough to lure unsuspecting and/or novice collectors into making a big purchase. Prouty's name was later listed as one of the "bad apples" in Operation Bullpen.

I'll stop rambling... just wanted to say that this ball has the exact characteristics one of his Gehrigs.
I completely agree, my first opinion was that the ink looked like the same type that he used to sign everything with. I know that sounds weird but most of his signatures were a glossy faded brown and appear to be slowly "painted" on the ball. Here is a picture of a Cobb he did, you can see similar stokes and blotching. Just my opinion, by no means an expert on signatures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0359.jpg (76.0 KB, 322 views)