View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 11:44 AM
Dan Bretta

This is a major score for me..I was able to complete my 1947-61 run of Lincoln programs, and also in the lot were two 1925 Lincoln Links (Western League) programs. I lucked into the collection too...Someone had listed a 1957 KC Athletics yearbook that showed up in my "Lincoln baseball" ebay search...curious as to why it would have the word Lincoln in the description I clicked on it and the description said that the sellers grandfather lived in Lincoln and would travel to KC for games...so I emailed the seller and asked if the collection had any Lincoln minor league items and he got back to me right away and said he believed it did, but I'd have to email his father..his father got back to me right away too...the collection had 19 programs, 4 photos and 1 handy book..he sold me the whole lot. At the rate of only 1 or 2 programs showing up on ebay in a given year, and usually it's one I already owned I wasn't sure I'd ever complete the run. I know I'll never be able to put together a pre 1947 run of programs - the two 1925's I got in the mail today are the first pre-47 I've ever seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg athleticschiefs 001.jpg (76.0 KB, 415 views)
File Type: jpg athleticschiefs 002.jpg (75.6 KB, 413 views)
File Type: jpg athleticschiefs 003.jpg (76.6 KB, 418 views)