Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 05:57 PM
Graig Kreindler

Mark,

Yeah, I wasn't terribly pleased with the photo either. That was the first thing that caught my eye in the listing, and I just couldn't understand why they didn't just email me and ask for a scan or something. Granted, they may have wanted to show the frame and all, but still, it could have been represented better.

Now, the thing about that that bothers me the most is that those who are perusing the auction and haven't seen my work would have nothing to go by but that photo. In other words, the painting will only seem as good as its reproduction, which in this case, isn't so great. I guess that's why it's so important for me to have everything shot professionally. Even though it costs an arm and a leg, it's worth it to have peace of mind about my portfolio - I get to control how and what people see in that regard. If the painting stayed and was photographed correctly, I think it could have made the consignor and Lelands more money.

Alright, I'm off my soap-box.

So, here's what I was working on earlier today:

I figured since Mantle is my father's all-time favorite, he was a good subject to tackle today. Or something. I've only got a few hours in, but I like what I'm seeing thus far.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day!

Graig