View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 03:07 PM
S Gross

Default OH MY ..... another ebay situation ...

OK ….............. I won the following Buy-It-Now lot of 66 T206 cards for $800. I figured I was taking a chance because: 1 – The seller seems to just be selling pure garage sale garbage; 2 – They are glued to cardboard. I decided to make the purchase, trusting he had the cards, and for $12/card, even if I butchered soaking them, I could get most of my money back (of course, if I could soak them cleanly, then some money could be made).

Here is link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

So I paypal right away, and am quite happy with my decision.

BUT ….. Then I get a “sob- story” email from the seller. I'm not going to post it (I know it's against our rules --- Hi Leon). But I got the “I'm selling them for my mother --- originally listed them at $2000, then $1500, then $1000, then $800 without her permission” etc. etc. He refunds my paypal (it hasn't reached my bank, so I'll wait on that before anything else). He wants me to agree to cancel the transaction, so he can relist them as an auction (oh, and graciously said I could bid !!).

My gut reaction is to re-send the $800 (once it gets back into my bank), with a memo stating I expect the cards “as-is” by priority mail (as stated in the listing). My second gut reaction is to be a nice guy sap and let it go.

Thoughts ???????? Comments ?????????