View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 09:55 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Everything comes down to preference and financial ability. Those collectors that have fallen in love with a set or two and have decided to make those sets their specialty, are more likely to upgrade. While on the other hand, people that are more interested in "say" a complete Topps run(as example, basically compiling as opposed to perfection) are more likely to downgrade, and get the "2 for 1" deal as someone mentioned earlier. Personally, I'm a compiler and am not really that condition sensitive. I love the beaters. Eye appeal is somewhat important, BUT it's not that often I come across a card I don't find appealing. My father on the other hand is one of the condition/upgrade guys. His '54 Bowman football set is rather nice(5th current finest psa), and I've watched him over the years make many upgrades, and sometimes downgrade for a better looking card or in trades for multiple cards(that while downgrading the main card also upgraded a handful of others as part of the trade), only to upgrade again. It seems like fun, but also alot of work. I've often considered picking a specialty set, but I'm too indecisive. Maybe I have ADD or something..

Last edited by novakjr; 06-23-2011 at 09:58 AM.