View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 12:46 AM
M@rk Comer

It seems I go farther back in time then you, but it's just not the same anymore. I wasn't really interested to much in getting all of the cards in a set back in the day, but I did like to collect players that I liked, or basically anyone who played for the Orioles. I got back into collecting a number of years ago, but now I mainly collect vintage O's cards, but I do pick up some of the newer cards that I like... As an example I would pick up all of the Brooksie cards produced, but of course now it will be impossible to accomplish, but a good thing is there are "plenty" of his cards now to aquire.

I personally do like some of the slabbed cards because at least you know pretty much what you are getting, not just some person claiming it's in a certain shape. Personally I've never collected for the investment value, I just collect what I like at the time. I think if you did that...just pick up what you like it will be interesting again for you.

Hope you find your interest in the hobby again. If nothing else you meet some great people along the way...