View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Ed Woelfle

Default T206

Dan,

I did late last year/early part of this .. finally. Set minus Big 4. Was set minus Big 6 but was able to get an O'Hara and Demmit STL this year. Mine are all graded between 40/3 to 80/6, mostly 4's through 6's now. I try to upgrade the 40/3's where it makes sense, but that's hit & miss. Mostly common backs, but I have some Cycles, OM's, SOV 460's, Tolstoi, EPDG and AB's mixed in. Mostly SGC and PSA, a few BVG's and a couple GAI's mixed in.

Took me about 2 years - not really focused on it first year, then when I realized I had half already, then the "set focus" became more clear. I was bored when I completed to be honest. "Now what" set in. Started on a lower grade E93, but that gets little of my attention. 50's & 60's rookie HOF's have been another focus, but most of my time is still trading, upgrading, selling T206 dupes now.

Never close to giving up. Most satisfying cards were the Cobb Green (been after that for a while in 3 or better), Elberfeld Portrait Washington w/Old Mill back - have that in a beautiful 50 (should be a 60 easy) and Dahlen Brooklyn in a 60. My first Net54 card was Johnson Portrait from the member who introduced me to this. Great experience so far, made many friends here .. look forward to saying hello to many of you at the National!

Ed