View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 09:24 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeefan51 View Post
We find it rather remarkable that a group of people whom we have never met, or spoken with, or, in fact, done business with, are able to analyze our needs; explain our posts or, spend so much time taking shots at us

No one knows what we have or what we don't have. We have collected top condition rare cards for 35 years because we treasure baseball cards; have spent thousands of hours studying baseball history. We have met or worked
with more famous collectors than most of the goons who comment about us
could even begin to imagine.

Our posts are always about the hobby. When one of you clowns decide to attack, with an arrow, we are happy to respond with a missile.

We have made many contacts from the Board Those contacts have led to a very substantial number of acquisitions.

If we choose to post in the third person and enjoy using the word whilst that is our business, not yours.

Best of all the result of your comments this week alone has been three private letters of support, and opportunity to add 4 high grade items to our want list.

So send in the clowns. Your agony and anger has resulted in many hours of joy for our us and our collection.

And finally, we should remind you, that you have a better chance of influencing the North Korean government than you have with us.

In the interest of everyone's time and energy, why don't we call it a day, return to our respective corners, and move on to a far more
interesting subject.

Best,

Bruce
Bruce...I think you misunderstand the intent of my original post. Quite frankly, you have made some very interesting posts over the years and raised some legitimate questions...many of them smell more of a business interest rather than a hobby interest but I think we'd all be lying if we were to ignore the financial aspect of our collections.

As for your personal foibles, I could really care less if you speak of yourself in the third person, first person collective pronoun or in tongues...I could care less if you are of divine origin or the second coming of the almighty. You can use whilst or any other decadent and verbose vocabulary you like...what I am calling you out on is your condesending and obnoxious posts.

The great majority of the folks on this board, in my estimation, collect for a variety of reasons and to the best of their abilities, both in taste and finances. Not everyone is as fortunate as you to have seats so close to the field that Jeter can ask your opinion on how to approach an at bat. Not everyone is as fortunate as you to be able to have breakfast at Capitol Grille. Not everyone is as fortunate as you to have the Concorde parked on the roof of your rooftop hideaway, fueled and ready to take you to Peru on a whim for your next great baseball memorabilia acquisition. That said, more power to you...you obviously have figured out the game of business far better than most of us. However, if you think I or anyone else is jealous or envious of you and the life you are leading, you are very wrong.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm just curious why you would want to be part of this group of clowns, collecting our "beaters?" It's a simple question and one I doubt you'll answer. I think it's because YOU are jealous of what you see posted on this web site each and every day. It must amaze you to see someone beam with pride upon acquiring the centerpiece of their collection only to see a scan of a GAI-graded Authentic T206 Hal Chase Black Cap with a Piedmont back. That is because you have failed to recognize that life is about much more than acquiring as many things as possible. It's about much more than "winning" in all things. It's about balance and having some ability to appreciate the happiness of others...and to appreciate when others share their happiness for you...be it for the birth of a child, a promotion at work or getting that GAI Hal Chase card that's now the centerpiece of thier collection.

I really hope that you'll answer my question...I'm not optimistic, though. Take care of yourself, Bruce...I'm sure you will.
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.