View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 06:46 AM
Steve Birmingham

Those marks wouldn't bother me if I was buying the card. But I think they'd still knock the grade down below what makes sense to grade.

When I need price guide info I use completed auctions on Ebay because that's were many cards get sold.

As for venue, BST here can be good if you know what you want, Auction here is variable as any other auction. And no fees!

Ebay is the most common venue, and they have the advantage of having more buyers. But having low feedback will usually hurt the results, and knowing their rules helps avoid problems. when I sell I use click and ship through them as it's easy and I get delivery confirmation for much less than at the post office.

Grand slam bids could be good, I've looked but not signed up. You'll want to have a good idea of how much you want. Without a huge number of buyers a higher opening bid helps avoid dissapointments.

I've consigned a few things to a local auction I know is good. Mixed results overall. A few things sold for less than I'd hoped, a couple nice ones sold for about as much as I could have gotten, and a few did much better. They took a pretty sizeable cut, but they also did all the work and took a bunch of stuff that wasn't all that saleable and managed to sell it.

Steve B