View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 08:14 AM
N.ate A.dams

You're right, it's much better to let customer service issues
linger. I suppose it's also better to communicate to the company in question that you really don't care what the result is.

Would I have spoken with the owner (who was very cordial, and we had a good conversation about cards in general, the National, and my issue) had I not started this thread or showed that I, in fact, did care that this happened?
When they sent the refund to me, I think that would be considered them initially handling the situation. It's not like they have an automated refund machine synchronized with eBay.

I hate to say it, but leverage is indeed important in negotiations - no matter how small. Someone can poo poo two 50$ cards all they want, but with where I am - it is a bigger deal than it is to some of you. I'm an engaged school teacher...

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206hound View Post
11:39 - order is placed with the seller's website
~12:40 - two ordered items have price refunded (roughly an hour after purchase)
~1:04 - send first email to DACW (based on 3:04 post stating email sent two hours ago)
1:08 - initial post
3:07 - second email sent to DACW notifying them of this thread
5:01 - spoke to owner
5:26 - email from Bob & talked to Adam

My question is... why did you start this thread? You hadn't even given the seller the opportunity to handle the situation. Within a few hours you spoke to the owner(s) and received email response. How quickly did you expect them to respond? I can understand if you get no response, or get a response that you don't agree with posting something here after a bit of time had passed, but you were a little quick on the trigger here in my opinion.