View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 04:54 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Dan,

You may be right that these tickets would bring more than $1000, but they definately may not on eBay... Without any doubt it would come down to how well the description read, having the right larger auction house (REA, etc.) involved in the promotion, with the right bidders. As you know, it takes two people bashing each over the head to create an auction with large realized values, right? A lot of collectors do not collect tickets, much less baseball tickets from the 1860's. I do believe that this is a small pond we're fishing from. I would be interested in these tickets, but the price would have to be right, from my perspective.

Here are some examples of very old baseball tickets that I have posted before that I have picked up for less than $150 on eBay. Granted, these are not exactly the same, but their condition is absolutely better than these listed at $100 K each. What would you rather own with the huge discrepancy in price? I know what I would do, IMHO....
Your tickets are cool, but they absolutely do not have the same historical significance as the other two tickets especially the ticket to the National Association convention.