Thread: HOF RC's A-C
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 05:18 PM
Dan Paradis

Default HOF RC's A-C

A few months ago a small group of us started compiling a list of RC's for HOF'ers. Our project halted after only making it to the "C's". I may attempt to start up again when I get more time (probably the winter).

We first tried to define "what is a card". No surprise we almost didn't make it any further. Personally I like Hal Lewis' definition of "what is a card" (do a archive N54 search on the subject). I'm not crazy about calling anything larger than a postcard or exhibit card a "baseball card" (i.e. W600's) but everyone else was so we included larger "cards". We did not include any minor league cards (pre-rookie's). The cards had to display the player from their playing days (i.e. not in a minor league uniform or from their minor league playing days).

I'm not looking to start an argument as to what defines a card, should we include PRC's, etc. This is just a list with the rules we decided on. If you agree with our guidelines then use the list, if you don't agree go ahead and create your own list (or use ours as a starting point and modify as needed)!

Also, the "PSA P W" (in red) next to some of the cards indicates the card is PSA's RC choice for their HOF Player Post-War registry.

FYI. I'd love to complete the list someday and have a website (I've already reserved an address) with images for every card (hopefully from N54 members cards). I know Phil already has a website (Phil was part of our group) called: baseballhalloffamerookiecards.com. However, Phil's list is more like a list of "collectibles" since it includes pins, photo's, etc. He also includes pre-rookies in his list. I don't mean any dis-respect to Phil, his website is fantastic. I'd like to have a place where everyone can go to find out what are the acceptable rookie cards for every HOF'er (according to our guidelines mentioned earlier).

Sorry the images may not be that clear. If you'd like a spreadsheet version just let me know.

If you have any additional information, corrections, additions, comments, etc. please email me at: danp306@gmail.com.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RC-A.jpg (79.7 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg RC-B.jpg (75.7 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg RC-C1.jpg (77.0 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg RC-C2.jpg (79.4 KB, 132 views)