View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Clint

I have a followup question concerning taking care of these for Exhibitman or Steve. What would you say are the best conditions for storing these things? Currently my 1961 Billy Williams is stored in the sealed plastic case that the topps vault sealed it in with the case inside a zip lock bag. I know nothing about photo film/negatives or their care. I will say the williams negative I have displays no flaws or degeneration that I can see and it is 50 years old. Perhaps the color has aged but I just assumed being a negative/positive it always looked as it does now. I did once see pictures of 8x10s another guy made from a topps vault negative/positive from the 60's and they looked great!

Also mark thank you for the kind words, I paid $300. The price of these things are all over the place so I'm not sure if it was a bargain or if I overpaid. In either case I will be hanging on to it for a long while, as you guessed it is definitely one of my favorite items. Now if I can just locate and purchase the 1961 Ron Santo rc negative.....

Anybody that has any of these in their collections, feel free to post them here. I would love to see some more!

Last edited by northsidebaseball; 08-23-2011 at 09:14 AM.