View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 07:04 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

Default 1956 Topps...who's favorite summer???

So I wanted to try and put together a horizontal format set and I narrowed it down to a choice between 1955 and 1956...the 1960 set just doesn't impact me the way those two do. From there, I decided I didn't want to deal with expensive rookies (i.e. Koufax, Clemente and, to a lesser extent, Killebrew). While I still have to deal with Mantle, the rest of the '56 set looks really nice and has a great roster of players...so that was the choice. It started with a nice run of raw cards (commons, semi-stars and a couple HOF'ers) compliments of Jarrod (scmavl) and from there I won a sharp lot of 13 commons/semi-stars in the last Sterling Sports Auction. The graded cards are all PSA 5 but look much better and have great centering & corners...at least to me...here's what I picked up...enjoy.

I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.