View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 07:30 PM
Curt

Default Didn't see a newbie specific introduction forum, so I will introduce myself...

I wouldn't consider myself a pre-war collector per se, although I have a number of older cards. Generally speaking, I can't afford to compete in that arena, but I enjoy them. I would say I am most comfortable with the 30s-present stuff.

I am a Dodger fan and collect most things Dodger that I come across when the price is right. I was born in 1969, so I was not alive during the Brooklyn years, but have enjoyed collecting back to the beginning of the franchise. I firt got into baseball in 1978 and Steve Garvey became my favorite player, so I have amassed a fairly extensive Garvey collection. Anything Garvey is considered...for my collection.

I also like to collect signed baseball cards, photos, cuts, etc. Mostly cards though. Vintage are best.

I am also a fan of oddball issues. I find those the most interesting because you don't typically see them as often as regular pack issued cards and such.

I look forward to chatting about some of the older stuff and maybe getting (and perhaps even giving) help on some Dodger stuff! I think a thread about Dodger postcards brought me here, but I will have to get a feel for the site before I can find it again.

The name is Curt, by the way.

Last edited by mrmopar; 09-15-2011 at 07:31 PM.