View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 05:38 AM
Lonnie Nagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwolf1963 View Post
I always get a laugh out of the occasional eBay listing that has some card slabbed by a company you never or have rarely heard of, and then if per say it's graded a 6 by them - the seller has a " = PSA 6" in the title. One guy actually adds a grade, IE: "SGC40 = PSA4"

Mine...

SGC 80
PSA 3MC
GAI 1.5
BVG 5
PRO 0

I've seen a lot of BVG's recently graded well/consistent of late, had many of the 4 and above cross-over to same or higher on SGC (when broken out)

My issues with PSA have more to do with Customer Service than the ever-growing number of cards with creases and paper-loss graded as 4's and 5's. BVG and SGC couldn't be more accommodating at the shows. PSA is like going to the Dept of Motor Vehicles - this form, in this type of sleeve, this way or get out. I asked if I could have no qualifiers on my last order w/them (aren't those the kiss of death), was told no problem at a show last year, clearly noted on my order form where they told me to put it - then get 2 back with qualifiers .. wrote 3 emails asking why and for refund/regrade, after week and a half or being ignored, then "well think about it" type of responses, I get a response that they will do one and not the other (..why, I still don't know) - and the one I had to fill out a special form, send it in separately, note this and that in triplicate - all for their mistakes to begin with!!!
Like someone said; "At PSA We're not Happy until You're Not Happy"