View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 07:29 PM
Rich Klein

Default re: Frank Barning -- slightly OT

As some of you may know; before I went to work for Beckett Publications in 1990; I had been doing a lot of work with Baseball Hobby News.

I wrote some articles; set up with the ubiquitous fish bowl at many shows within a 2 hour range of NY City to get votes for their contest and hawked papers through many NJ stores.

Recently; I contributed a nice rememberence to those days at BHN through my column (at least until I run out of rememberences) at SporteCollectorsDaily.Com

In return, I got a tremendous email from Frank; who has been blogging for years now and is ready to start blogging about his baseball card days both as a child and from his time at BHN. Frank does have one advantage over me; he can write with eloquence. Trust me; I'm very honored to have insipired Frank to return to his hobby roots.

In our email chats; he is looking to increase readership of his blog, and frankly this is a great board to publicize him

So: Here is the link to his blog; hope you enjoy reading his (and other long-time hobbyists stories). The lead story is currently one written by one Mike Berkus, father of the National.

http://barnstormingwithfrankbarning.blogspot.com/

Regards
Rich

Last edited by Rich Klein; 09-22-2011 at 06:47 PM.