View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 10:21 PM
CoreyRS.hanus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallen View Post
....by anomaly I meant I don't believe that when a piece sells one time for a big price that you can depend on this being the new price.

Example the exact same Cobb tin we sold for $35,850 sold in REA in 2005 for $10,550. After this the guy offering the piece on EBay (which is a superior example) asked what I thought his was worth...my estimate was $25 to $30k. I just didn't believe because one sold once for $35k that it established a new price. Especially when one less guy needs one now!
Doug,

Thanks for the response. I need clarification on something. Are you referring to the Ty Cobb Tin Mastro Auctions sold at their live auction at the 2007 National? The realized price on that (included the bp) was $33,600? The condition of that tin is a lot better than the one REA sold as lot 68 in their 2005 auction, something that can be easily seen if one is to go on the auction archives in the Legendary and REA websites and compare the images. Are you saying those two tins are in fact one and the same?