View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 10:52 PM

Default could'a-should'a

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicollector1954 View Post
I can think of one from about 15 years ago. It was a trophy belt buckle awarded to a Rockford Forest City player from the year 1866 for "Good Base Running". If I remember, the name was Charles Force but not positive. Opening bid was $800.00 on Ebay and no one had bid with 10 seconds left. Figured I would offer the person a little less once it did not sell. I was wrong. Someone bought it for that amount as there was only one bid and it happened with only a couple of seconds left. A couple of years later it showed up in a Hunt Sports Auction and sold for around $4500.00. Being from Rockford, Illinois, I could have owned one of the oldest pieces of baseball memorabilia in my fair city and I should have seriously bid when I had the chance. If someone out there has it--congratulations on a great piece of early baseball memorabilia and if you ever want to let it go--please get in touch with me!
Wow on that 1866 Rockford Forest City trophy belt buckle...that was a real could'a-should'a...I believe Albert Spalding played for them in 1866...alright alright I won't rub salt in the wound. Really that was a learning curve we're all subject to, so don't feel bad