View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Steve Birmingham

Yeah, take the return. It's the easiest way.

I think I might also block someone who's been unreasonable - After getting the card back and sending the refund, and after the feedback period has lapsed.

I think part of the problems are people bidding and listing from mobile devices. The screen on a phone is simply too small to see the details in a scan.

On a screen 2" across he probably thought the paper loss was paper stuck on that he'd have a chance of removing. And even on my large monitor the chip isn't the easiest to see.

On the selling side It would be well worth being a bit more descriptive. I'm a big fan of brief descriptions, but simply saying see the scan is probably too brief these days.
Lightening up the scan a bit so things like the chip are readily apparent will also help. Retouching to hide stuff shouldn't be done, but adjusting light levels so the scan is more clear is something I wish more people did.

When I was selling I hosted my own pictures, I've never liked the size Ebay limits the pictures to. Most ISPs offer some limited space for file/web hosting. Things I felt might be worth more than a few dollars got nice big scans or photos.

Steve B