View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
Open another ebay acount.

Bid $10,000 on every item that the guy is selling.

Hit delete on every email you receive regarding those auctions.

Watch new account get thrown off of ebay.

Maybe a bit harsh, but speaking as a guy with perfect feedback on every ebay account I've had (3000+ in total), including the three that were thrown off of ebay, it's kind of fun.

Doug
Watch new account get thrown off of eBay, followed by being banned for life from both eBay and PayPal on your new account and your real account.

eBay is one of the most sophisticated multi-account (which in itself is within the rules) detecters of any website online. If one account goes down, every account goes down. If you want to still do this,

Clear your cookies including flash cookies or create a new user
eBay recognizes you by your IP address. They detect proxies, so either change your IP (but change it back when you're done and make sure not to go on any eBay owned sites before you do...Skype, StubHub, etc.) or buy a Virtual Private Network (VPN) at a place like this.

If any information is in any way similar to your old account they'll detect it. If you put your location in New York but your IP is in Texas they'll detect it. (a VPN is useful in this situation because you can pick your location) You may also have to buy a virtual credit card. (because your credit cards are linked to you)

See if you can talk to the guy on the phone. Refer him to some eBay feedback related lawsuits. Create some phony law. Have Stephanie J, Esquire write him an email. Most of all, talk to him off eBay. I'm not totally sure, but I would think leaving negative feedback because a buyer left negative feedback would be against some rule. Also, if you say this and create an another account and leave bad feedback or bid on all his items, eBay will suspect it's you and suspicion is all they need to insta-ban you for life. It isn't 1999 anymore and almost nothing will get past eBay.