View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 01:00 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankWakefield View Post
That 2011 Game 6 was a clinic... lots of baseball stuff happening. At times it was sloppy, at times inspired, and it certainly had more than its fair share of excitement.

I still don't understand why pitcher Jackson was announced as a pinch hitter and then replaced with pitcher Lohse... the runners had not moved nor was there a pitching change, the situation remained the same, so why not put in Lohse initially?

I can understand how occasionally a ball will bounce out of a glove, it's frustrating but understandable. Jay's throw that didn't go to second did not hurt the Cardinals, but that's the kind of stuff that really gets me.

What a game.

I do wish MLB would redo the TV contract so that at least ONE of the first 4 games each series would be a day game, so we could get back to the days of transistor radios being carried around, businesses would have the game on, there was a hushed undercurrent of keeping up with the game as everyone was at work or school. We've lost that.
Frank, it really showed that these guys are human and succumb to pressure just like the rest of us. Except, of course, Berkman and Freese. They asked Berkman what he was thinking about when he went to bat, and he said "nothing". I wish Feliz and Cruz had been thinking a little more like Berkman.